Wednesday, May 21, 2014

RIP M P Anil Kumar

During 9th or 10th STD, in my English textbook, I had a chapter titled, Airborne to Chairborne.

It was an autobiographical account of a fighter pilot, who due to a tragic injury, became paralysed below his neck.

It was the most emotional prose I had ever read, and made me realise how life can turn in a second. But after the tears have been shed, your heart starts to glow. It was his will to live on which makes you realise something. No matter how harshly life treats you; You owe it to yourself, you owe it to your parents who sacrificed for you, and you owe it to every friend who believed in you, to get back up and keep on fighting.

Yesterday Flying Officer M P Anil Kumar took off on his final sortie into the sunset. Forever.

RIP Sir.
And thank you for inspiring millions like me.




No comments: